Saturday, March 29, 2008

Waiting

I hate sitting still! I can't imagine what it was like to be Caleb. You've seen the land that God has promised, you know where you are supposed to be, you're ready for the adventure, but other people's fear stops you dead in your tracks. Their fear cost Caleb 45 years…read that again 45 years!
I'm not sure I could handle that!

But after those 45 years he was still ready for the adventure!

The people of Judah came to Joshua at Gilgal. Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite spoke: "You'll remember what God said to Moses the man of God concerning you and me back at Kadesh Barnea. I was forty years old when Moses the servant of God sent me from Kadesh Barnea to spy out the land. And I brought back an honest and accurate report. My companions who went with me discouraged the people, but I stuck to my guns, totally with God, my God. That was the day that Moses solemnly promised, 'The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance, you and your children's, forever. Yes, you have lived totally for God.'

"I was ready 45 years ago, but because people didn't want to move out of their comfort zone, I've been wandering out here for 45 years! No longer."

Now look at me: God has kept me alive, as he promised. It is now forty-five years since God spoke this word to Moses, years in which Israel wandered in the wilderness. And here I am today, eighty-five years old! I'm as strong as I was the day Moses sent me out. I'm as strong as ever in battle, whether coming or going. So give me this hill country that God promised me. You yourself heard the report, that the Anakim were there with their great fortress cities. If God goes with me, I will drive them out, just as God said." Josh 14:6-12

"I've been waiting for this moment most of my life, I maybe 85 years old, but I'm ready for the adventure, give me those giants!
I refuse to surrender the journey!"

If you feel frustrated in the lack of movement by God's people, pray that you can wait upon the Lord like Caleb.

If you feel afraid, take a risk and follow God, don't be the one to cost someone 45 years of their life!

No comments: